Monday 6 January 2014

Beauty Favourites Of 2013


Happy New Year Everyone ! Welcome to my first post of 2014, its so weird to say it? The year has flown, and I have tried a lot of products through out the year, but I have found these to be absolute favourites!

Skin
My skin has changed a lot this year ! During the summer it was very oily and now at the moment its quite dry, but I've also suffered from those annoying sore spots too, and I have found the Simple Cleanser really good to take off my makeup and dirt on my face, leaving my face really fresh feeling! I don't really exfoliate every week, but when I do, 
the St.Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish Fighting did the job! Although the exfoliants in this feel harsh on the face, it definitely removes all the bumps and dead skin cells on my face, and left my skin feeling so soft after!
And Finally, for those annoying spots, the well known Sudocrem came to the rescue, I use this every night on any blemishes, and it instantly drys out the blemish

Makeup Brushes
The famous real techniques brushes, really did it for me this year, and were really worth all the hype! I own the Blush Brush, Expert Face Brush and Stippling Brush, which all left me with great results when applying my makeup. I would honestly think these are almost like dupes for any high end makeup brushes ! Read my full review on the RT Brushes here  http://makeupmoob.blogspot.ie/2013/12/real-techniques-stippling-brush-vs.html

Face/Base
The Revlon Colorstay will always be a winner to me ! I own the Normal/Dry Skin Formula, and I've been repurchasing this for almost 2 years now, and I am always so impressed with it. Great coverage, and a lovely light feel to it, although its 18 euros, its well worth it!
The Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer was a find for me back in October, when my Collection 2000 concealer had ran out! This is great for undereye circles, and really wakens them up!
I love my bronzer, and Hoola by Benefit has been my no.1 bronzer for the last couple of years, a nice natural bronze colour and gives a lovely glow to the face aswell as a good chiseled contour

Eyes
On an everyday basis, I would only use mascara, but for going out etc. these products have been brilliant!
Sleek I-Divine Palette Au Natural, a lovely range of bronzy colours, I use the brown colour everyday for my eyebrows, very well pigmented shadows to, read the full review here http://makeupmoob.blogspot.ie/2013/08/sleek-i-divine-au-naturel-palette.html
I have always been so bad at doing liquid eyeliner, but the Soap and Glory Supercat Eyeliner, has made it so much easier, it's almost like a marker! 
The No7 Extreme Length and the(very faded) Maybelline Falsies Mascara have been my two everyday mascaras this year! They leave my lashes really long aswell as volumised!

Lips
Finally for lips, I wasn't really to adventurous with bold lips this year, but I really do want to venture out to them this year! I had stuck to good ole lipbalm, Carmex! My lips usually get very chapped and dry, but leaves my lips soft and moisturised and love the tingly feeling it leaves on your lips!

And thats it !
Hope you enjoyed this post, and once again Happy New Year! Thank you for reading my blog for the past year, and I hope you enjoy my future posts
Thanks :D
Denise x




No comments:

Post a Comment